Games you played?

News, discussion, get assistance for technical problems with PC games not listed above, or share your insights.
Blín D'ñero
Site Admin

Games you played?

Post by Blín D'ñero »

Hmm... quite a lot. A year ago i posted a list on another forum. I'll search for it, then update it. [EDIT: searching through 1000s of pages on a forum without a proper search fiunction makes me feel sick :( i'll have to type them all out again. ]

The second, MUCH more interesting question is "which games did you finish and replay?" Most games i have i didn't even play through. Many i fetched from the sales-bin just to try out. Most games disappoint. :(
Main PC: Asus TUF Gaming 570-Pro (wi-fi) * AMD Ryzen 7 5800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * Asus TUF Radeon 6800XT * Creative AE-9PE * 2 x Samsung 980 Pro * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair HX 1000 * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell U3010 * Windows 10 x64 *

Office PC: Asus ROG Strix X570-E * AMD Ryzen 7 3800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * MSI Radeon 5700XT * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * 2 x Corsair Force MP600 * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair AX 1200W * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell P4317Q * Windows 10 x64 *

Old workhorse PC: * Intel i7 4790K * Noctua NH-D15S * Asus Maximus VII Hero * Corsair Force MP510 480GB M.2 SSD * 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 * Sapphire Radeon R9 290 * 3 x Dell U2410 @ Eyefinity 5760 x 1200 * Corsair HX 1000i * 7 x WD Black / Gold HDDs * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * Asus DRW F1ST * Corsair K95 RGB * Corsair M65 PRO RGB * Steelseries 9HD * Coolermaster STC T01 * Edifier S530 * Sennheiser HD598 * Windows 10 x64 *
Cobsy

Re: Games you played?

Post by Cobsy »

Well! On my desk here I have lots of games :) I'll start at the top!

Crysis: Great game, I started it out with hardest difficulty when I first played it, and completed it. Done that twice now :)
MP mode is also awesome, it's very Battlefield-like, with a tweak of the Nanosuits :)

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Awesome game, completed on hardest difficulty from the start also :) and I haven't got a clue about how many times I have completed it ;)

Unreal Tournament III: Also a cool game, but I haven't gotten around to complete it yet, since the SP-Campaign is mostly like the MP-Gameplay.

Battlefield 2: Not much to complete on SP, but awesome game for MP :)

Battlefield 2142: Same as BF2 :)

Hellgate London: Recently bought it, had my old computer then, played it for a bit, thought it reminded me a bit about Diablo TBH, cool game, but not something I would spend time playing.

Timeshift: I played it a bit after I bought it, was cool for like, 2-3 hours, but then it seemed to just repeat itself, stopped playing and havent completed yet.

Shadowrun: seems like its an online game only, and you have to pay "Live" to play it with others, so i just fucked that, lol :p

Gears of War: nice gameplay with "over-shoulder" view, havent completed it yet, also have to pay "Live" to play it with MP :< (stupid xbox live thingie, atleast it could be free for PC)

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion: Was very awesome while I played it, I actually reached an astounding 100 hours of playing before I Gave up, lol. I quit about the same time I got DMoM&m ;p

Call of Duty: This game, what can I say. It has a great story and gameplay, I spent alot of time playing through the SP-campaign and lots of time spent on MP.

Call of Duty 2: Spent some time with this game aswell, same as with CoD probably, cool story and neat MP, got tired after a while though.

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare: This has to be the greatest release of the Call of Duty series yet, I just loved the SP Campaign, allthough I havent gotten around to play it on MP lately!

Battlefield 1942/road to rome/Secret weapons of WWII: Wow, what can I say, I dont have a count of how many hours and days I have wasted playing this old awesome game, I remember spending my hours playing on the most popular mod for that game, Desert Combat I think it was called.

Star Wars Republic Commando: This game has an awesome story, I always looked forward for a Republic Commando 2, but it never showed. MP wasent all that great, I owned a couple of noobs now and then, but it wasent much of a heat for MP.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: this game is about as cool as it gets in the Star Wars Universe, It's the SW version of Battlefield, and I like games with carrs and tanks and helicopters and stuff like that, and when everything can say boom it's always that little extra, It's not great for MP though, the MP system should have been evolved more, the servers were always laggy, and there were little people that played it.

Star Wars Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy: This game I played for 2 or 3 years, It was the game I always came back to when I was tired of all other games, The swordbattles that can occur on MP is just awesome. It was also more of an interactive chatroom where players got kicked for "laming" (killing people with weapons down and such) I loved it while it lasted :)

Counter Strike Source: I still play this game, and I wont stop for a looooong while, love shooting people :p

edit: World of Warcraft: not really a funny game, but it's jsut so darn addicting that I cant quit, I have played it for a year and a half now, and I still havent reached lvl70, hence "not funny" :p

I have such a big list of games I have played, I dont have a count of it, but this is what I played most on PC I think :)
Blín D'ñero
Site Admin

Post by Blín D'ñero »

^^Ahh, Timeshift, i thought that's the next i'll buy (when price drops).

Crysis . I started "Normal", played it 3 times at that. In this kind of games i don't feel challenged to battle the pretty damn good AI. I wish all games had only TWO settings: "Noob"(for if you have no clue what to do, this must really be a sissy mode) and "Full Blast". I have no idea how hard "Hard" is in Crysis and don't even wanna know! :D
Main PC: Asus TUF Gaming 570-Pro (wi-fi) * AMD Ryzen 7 5800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * Asus TUF Radeon 6800XT * Creative AE-9PE * 2 x Samsung 980 Pro * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair HX 1000 * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell U3010 * Windows 10 x64 *

Office PC: Asus ROG Strix X570-E * AMD Ryzen 7 3800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * MSI Radeon 5700XT * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * 2 x Corsair Force MP600 * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair AX 1200W * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell P4317Q * Windows 10 x64 *

Old workhorse PC: * Intel i7 4790K * Noctua NH-D15S * Asus Maximus VII Hero * Corsair Force MP510 480GB M.2 SSD * 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 * Sapphire Radeon R9 290 * 3 x Dell U2410 @ Eyefinity 5760 x 1200 * Corsair HX 1000i * 7 x WD Black / Gold HDDs * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * Asus DRW F1ST * Corsair K95 RGB * Corsair M65 PRO RGB * Steelseries 9HD * Coolermaster STC T01 * Edifier S530 * Sennheiser HD598 * Windows 10 x64 *
Cobsy

Post by Cobsy »

Hard? lol. I play on Delta :p
Crosshair removed, You die easily, the boats spot you from uberfaraway distances, helicopters spot you under cover of trees.. :P no grenade indicator ^^, lol its pretty damn hard ;p

edit: and the Koreans speak Korean! :p
Blín D'ñero
Site Admin

Post by Blín D'ñero »

Oh dear! ROFLMAO. :vlol:

Cobsy

Post by Cobsy »

;)
rditto48801
Location: In an ACU, riding an Appleseed style Spider Fortress, on a Mammoth class Dropship.

Post by rditto48801 »

I've been gaming with PC games since 1994, so I have a lot of stuff, including an older Win98SE PC with DOSBox.

And due to boredom, I will now clog this thread with an absurdly large post that took an hour to make while sifting through some of my games...

Recent games I have played.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, w/ Winter Assault and Dark Crusade expansions.
Beaten all campaigns for DoW and WA, started but never completed the meta-campaign for DC using the Tau.

Star Wars: Empire at War, w/ Forces of Corruption expansion
I mainly play skirmish, never got the hang of the campaigns.

Titan Quest w/ Immortal Throne expansion
Put the game up on the way to Athens after running into (and dying multiple times trying to kill) some nearly immortal soul sucking overgrown rat thing trapped in some ruins by some soldiers.

Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile
I like a good city builder. Now, if I would only not get invaded all the time while playing a sandbox mode map... :roll:

Sim City 4 w/ Rush Hour expansion.
Fun game until retarded maintenance costs/expenses and brain dead traffic pathfinding grind a city to a hault.

Sims 2, with several of the first expansions (University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff)
Because I am a Sims fan. :D

Space Empires V:
Because some idiot made Master of Orion III :cens: :cens: :cens: suck.
And because SEV is a good game in some ways.
It's a good game in some ways, especially if you like playing with spread sheetsm but as Master of Orion III...
I chalk it up as like Star Control 3, it was made by selfish/greedy idiots simply trying to cash in on a popular name, and in no way deserves to be considered canon.

UFO Afterlight:
Humans, on mars, fighting aliens... on mars... wait, if humans are native to Earth, and are on Mars, doesn't that make humans on Mars aliens also? Does that mean my alien fighters should be shooting each other also when they are done shooting the other aliens? :whi:

Civilization IV Gold Edition (Civ IV w/ Warlords expansion), w/ Beyond the Sword expansion.
Love those 'future' type mods... or wondering what the heck I did wrong to engage enemy wooden sailing ships with WWII naval ships... :confused:

Age of Empires III Gold Edition (AoE III w/ War Chiefs expansion)
Fairly fun game, except for the retarded creep of the veiled rock-paper-scissors system...
Seriously, 10 pound chunk of metal from cannon hit soldier at several hundred miles per hour, he's dead, same chunk of metal hits guy on horse... not much happens...
Reminds me of...

Virtual Resort: Spring Break.
Running resorts can be fun.
Bonus points for the makers not slapping "Tycoon" into the name.
Penalty points for the stupid tourists who drown because they want to swim into the deep ocean at night after the life guards go off duty...

Prison Tycoon 3.
It's an okay game. A few minor issues, but overall fun and fixes many issues from Prison Tycoon 2, which I've had a chance to play before.

Other worthy mentions.

Space Empires 4:
No 3D graphics? Only 2D sprites?
Who cares, it's fun.

Sim City 2000
Just need to figure out if it will run on an XP machine well or not. Like it a lot, even more than Sim City 3000 or Sim City 4.
I also love SCURK.

Master of Orion II
Because it's a great game, lots of fun, and it's not the sequal... :smh:

Rise of Nations.
Fairly good, except for the exceptionally retarded rock-paper-scissors :cens:
Seriously, a guy runs around on a beach taking 1-2 points of damage per shot because the unit attacking it is no strong vs. infantry... when said attacking unit is a battleship shelling the little guy running around on the beach trying to get into firing range of said battleship.
:wth:

Fate
Sure, it's a cheap knockoff of Diablo, but it's fun and plays well, and feeding your pet cat a fish so it transforms into a giant VW Bug sized spider is just plain sweet.

Diablo II w/ expansion
It's around... someplace...

Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales
Arrr... gives me yar booty before me gives thee a boot right off the gang plank, arrrrr!
(excluding the bugs that never got fixed... although the MMO only sequel is probably why they stopped patching it...)
Arrr... this bug be huge... me 4,000 capacity cargo hold has a 100,000 of sail cloth in it... Arr?

The Movies
I like being creative, but quite frankly, I stunk the first time through.
What stinks more is I could never find the expansion while actually having money to get said expansion.
And there is the grim humor and entertainment of a female mummy trying to make out with the bald and slightly overweight space cadet guy on the bridge of a Flash Gorden-esque space ship set. :vlol:

Freelancer.
I love modding the final fighter.
Also, I love using anti-ship torpedoes to take out enemy fighters... torpedoes can't 'slow down', so play chicken with an enemy, lock onto them, afterburn at them, fire it off torpedo and veer off... if enemy doesn't turn fast enough, they get a cap killer down the throat. :twisted:

Startopia.
Aliens and running a space station.
Teleporters, little aliens who actually love to work with garbage, and alien parasites that make the aliens from Alien look small and harmless.

Total Annihilation
Good, bad, I'm the nutcase Commande with a wall of Big Berthas, Annihilators, Flak Cannons and Anti-Missile systems guarding multiple nuke silos... Come and get me Mr. Krogoth, I got a few presents for you!
*drills big red button several times and laughs manically, then realizes he forgot to actually build nukes* :shrug: :hhead:
:jdr:

Tropico w/ expansion
Because running a bannana republic or a tourist trap can be fun.

Tropico 2
When you rather be trapping people at the point of the sword rather than with some quiant little gift shop, and ships go out to bring new arrivals back in chains.
Arrr.... it be a pirate game... that is the sequal of a game that has nothing to do with pirates... but it works.

Earth 2150, Earth 2150 Moon Project (can't find the third one, computer a little lacking for 2160)
Designing your own vehicle types is fun. Build up the slow to build and expensive to make heavy hitters, or just spam the enemy with cheap units that might be easily destroyed but which pack a lot of punch in larger numbers.

Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm, Homeworld 2
If that isn't a space based RTS, I don't know what is.

Star Trek: Starfleet Command (1, Orion Pirates, 2, 3)
Remain calm, this is not the twilight zone.
I actually like both Star Wars and Star Trek. :yikes:

Command and Conquer Generals, w/ Zero Hour expansion.
All campaigns beat, yet I often suck against the AI in skirmish mode... :wth:

Also C&C Red Alert (forget if I beat either), Redalert 2 w/ Yuri's Revenge (forget if I beat any campaigns), C&C 1 (beat both sides), C&C Renegade (beat)

Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2.
Babe kicks butt, does other stuff, takes out assorted minions of some wannabe self proclaimed god dude with a big superiority complex.

Dungeon Keeper 2
It's good to be bad.

Also had Dungeon Keeper 1.

Theme Hospital
Not sure how to explain it, but it was fun.

Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3 (and I think expansions for both)
Choo choooo!
:clown:

Warzone 2100
Another game with lots of customizable unit capability.

Warcraft (1, 2 w/ expansion, 3 with expansion)
beat all of them iirc.

Wing Commander (all of them up to prophecy w/ expansion, plus one or two other ones, one of which is a 'academy' type game, another I think had fleet stuff... although only really beat 3 and 4... even an old AMD 80mhz is to fast for the older ones)

Wing Commander Privateer
Fun game, stopped playing because a main story mission... have to rescue a guy, but he tries to shove his heavy fighter (and it's assorted weapons) down my throat the second I get in radar range...
Me "I'm here to save you!"
Him "DIE DIE DIE DIE!"
:yikes:

Privateer 2
Fun, beat it... hire a big cargo hauler for some missions, just because of the pair of dual barrel gun turrets it packs...

X-Com: UFO Defense (a.k.a., iirc, UFO: Enemy Unknown)
One of my first games.
Back in the day when it was "Dude, you got a 4x speed CD-ROM drive, and 8MB RAM?! Sweet!"

Also had X-Com Terror from the Deep, X-Com Apocalypse, X-Com Enforcer, X-Com Interceptor.
Have beaten all of the X-Com games, but not on higher difficulties.

Transport Tycoon
Another oldie but goodie.

Alien Legacy
Colony ship arrives in new system, stuff is found, other stuff happens, mix lots of :wth: and :yikes: and enjoy.

Mission Critical
It's the dude who plays Warf in Star Trek!
Oh, the game is cool also, although the ending is interesting.

Silent Hunter.
Because 2% of the US fleet were subs and they had 50% of overall shipping sunk...
Not including the fact most torpedoes sucked...
"We tested two under perfect conditions, so mass produce them, and ignore any and all complaints relating to lack of proper testing and torpedoes not working, because the first two worked perfectly under perfect conditions, so we will deny any attempt to tell us the torpedoes don't actually work due to us not actually testing the design properly..."

Outpost.
Sure, they advertised the expansion and never even made it, but the game was still fun.
Outpost 2 on the other hand... no comment... :shakes:

Deadlock.
Good game... now the Deadlock song on the CD... most memorable line that sticks in my mind...
"...the Maug are an engineering bunch, if you give them a rock, they'll invent the warp drive before lunch."
"... they (Targ?) make poor spies you see, they try to hide their 6 foot width behind a 1 foot tree."
".... if I ever get back home again, if I ever get back home again, if I ever get back home again... that recruiter... is going to diiiiieeeee..."

Duke Nukem 3D
*breaks down into Duke Nukem impression*
"What are you, some scum sucking, bottom feeding, algea eater?!"
*Duke goes fishing with remote detonated pipe bombs*

Some 100+ assorted PC games overall.
Including oldies but goodies...
Back in the day when you could turn on your PC, start up a game, and not have a boot come out of the monitor to kick your face in before you even get a chance to play the game... :hug:

Oh... I'm a pack rat, I got the boxes for most of the games also.
And almost every PC Gamer magazine since late 1994...
And yes, I don't have much of a real life... :( :yawn:
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
BTOG46

Post by BTOG46 »

And yes, I don't have much of a real life...
:vlol:
Welcome to the club, I can't move for old magazines (going back to the Commodore 64) :geek:
My spare room looks like a computer museum with all the old junk in there......... :ugeek:

What is this "real life" thing you mention? maybe I can get one too :D
rditto48801
Location: In an ACU, riding an Appleseed style Spider Fortress, on a Mammoth class Dropship.

Post by rditto48801 »

Forgot a few RPGs I had.
Elderscrolls 2 Daggerfar, Elderscrolls 3 Morrowind, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate (with expansion, don't remember), Neverwinter Nights Diamond (got so sick and tired of that defective crap that I never really played after I actually did get it to work right) Wizardry 8 ( :wth: :yikes: that guide is HUGE!).

Also got some Tycoon games, a few Settlers games (2, 3 & 4 iirc, no expansions iirc), Stronghold, Civ III, Civ II, Sid Meier's Alpha Centarui, SM's Sim Golf, Mechwarrior 2 (w/ expansion), 3 and 4 (wasn't able to get expansion/mech packs, M$ ruined the mech setup)...

And a pair of 80 slot rotating CD case 'racks' (4 sides, 20 cases per side).

Assorted other game mags (Computer Gaming Monthly, one other game mag that went belly up, something Strategy iirc)
BTOG46 wrote:
And yes, I don't have much of a real life...
:vlol:
Welcome to the club, I can't move for old magazines (going back to the Commodore 64) :geek:
My spare room looks like a computer museum with all the old junk in there......... :ugeek:

What is this "real life" thing you mention? maybe I can get one too :D
Museum?
1994 Magitronic Desktop PC, as of last upgrade
AMD 80mhz D something 2 CPU, 16 MB Ram (originally 8MB RAM), Nvidia Video card with 4-8MB VRAM (iirc, forget what it had, forget what original had), an 8x CD-ROM drive (4x original), a 540MB HDD. Only down side, everything was Y2K except the clock... it had DOS 6.22, with Windows 3.11, and I think also Windows 95 upgrade.
I still remember it's solid metal casing and frame, and playing oldies but goodies like Transport Tycoon and X-Com UFO Defense.
Back when games were... well, games... when game companies had to worry about actually making a a game fun and entertaining, instead of simply trying to sell a game on eye candy, FX, and marketing.

As for 'real life'...
there is this person called a 'friend', who I actually interact with in a method called 'in person', they live someplace called 'across the street', and involves going into the big open place called 'outside' and walking a terrifying 50ft to 'across the street'.
My name in their realm is apparently "IT for Free", because I know far more about computers than them...
Which is interesting, since my knowledge of computers is... meager, at best in most cases... :whi:

Okay, maybe I'm milking that bit a bit to much... :clown: :oops: :wth:

I've had to move before, and had to deal with dozen of boxes of books, magazines, photoalbums, etc. It's nice to have a friend who has access to an old 3 ton full sized van with removable seats in the back. Beats the heck out of having to rent a U-Haul moving van.

Odd idea of the moment.
Wanting a Kenworth, Frieghtliner or Peterbilt aerodynamic semi-trailer truck with extended frame and 190in sleeper and a hybrid electric system and idlefree system, and turning it into a mobile living and gaming facility, packed with weaponry and supplies for the inevitable Mad Max type lifestyle I'm sure will be needed sooner or later for any number of reasons...

Oh, and hope for a local game store to actually carry the sblasted 18 Wheel of Steel games...

And to think of other ways to deal with a sugar buzz other than typing tons of random stuff... :yep: :whi: :clown:
Cobsy

Post by Cobsy »

rditto48801 wrote:Forgot a few RPGs I had.
Elderscrolls 3 Morrowind
Now thats an awesome game :D Can you imagine Morrowind with the oblivion combatsystem and gfx :)
Strip oblivion from its levelling system and it would be great, Morrowind is the greatest game in that.. well i have only tried Morrowind with Bloodmoon and tribunal anyways, I stopped Oblivion kinda fast after I completed the MQ ;)